We are a young, Monaco-based enterprise in the field of small satellites, with our own production facility and team. We launched our first satellite last year and have additional projects in the pipeline. We are looking for a versatile, space vehicle system engineer with solid experience in small satellites for a full-time position starting in the next few months. Only candidates from within Europe will be considered. The job is based in the Principality of Monaco, but the candidate may choose to live in nearby France. If you fit the bill and are potentially interested, we would be delighted to hear from you. As a system engineer the candidate will join a collaborative team to develop innovative small satellite / nanosatellite solutions for multiple projects. The individual will be responsible for mission/project planning, requirements management, vehicle sizing, system trade studies, interface definition, AIT and systems integration. Additionally, as is common in an early-stage environment, tasks may extend beyond the original job description. This allows everyone to gain a better understanding of all aspects of the business – from engineering to sales. Employees are expected to take initiative and be responsible for their own day-to-day planning and workload. Specific tasks may include:
- Working in a small team environment closely with hardware, software, mechanical, and systems engineers to develop optimal solutions to complex problems;
- Management requirements to ensure proper flow-down and traceability, as well as requirements verification;
- Perform system and vehicle level trade studies to balance risk, cost, and performance;
- Supporting assembly, integration, and test (AI&T) activities including generation of build procedures and test plans/procedures;
- Leading concept of operations development and mission operations procedures;
- Participating in team discussions involving vehicle architecture and design for future projects.
- Assessing various project opportunities
Specific requirements include:
- Highly motivated, self-starting, enthusiastic, and able to perform duties autonomously;
- Ability to solve complex problems with a high degree of innovation and effectiveness;
- Ability to lead, coordinate and motivate project teams to ensure program success;
- Good understanding of the Systems Engineering process;
- Able to establish procedures
- Hands-on experience with good AIT skills in production of satellites
- BS or MS in engineering field with focus on Aerospace or other engineering discipline;
- Familiarity with spacecraft and/or launch vehicle systems.
- Small satellite or CubeSat experience desirable.
- Experience with the full development cycle of a CubeSat mission.
- Good connections within the CubeSat community.
- Good communication with team members, and ability to provide and receive constructive criticism.
- Professional use of written and oral English language is mandatory.
- Ability to travel and work at partners’ or customers’ locations (infrequently).
- Conversational French is a plus.
- Amateur Radio license holder is a plus.
- Enjoys outreach activities.
Founder & CEO