We are a young, Monaco-based enterprise in the field of small satellites, with our own production facility and team. We are looking for a versatile, embedded electronics engineer with experience in small satellites for a full-time position.
The candidate will join a collaborative and multicultural team to develop innovative nanosatellite solutions for multiple projects. The individual will be responsible for hardware development during all phases of a development cycle, including requirements, design, implementation, test, integration, and documentation in a fast-paced environment.
Employees are expected to take initiative and be responsible for their own day-to-day planning and workload.
Specific tasks will include:
- Working in a small, multidisciplinary team to develop solutions for ongoing and future projects;
- Participating in hardware requirements, design, implementation, and testing discussions;
- Schematic design and layout of Printed Circuit Boards (PCB) for digital, analogue and basic RF systems;
- Work with board houses to coordinate fabrication and assembly of new designs;
- Board bring-up and test, including in-house soldering of prototypes;
- Develop assembly procedures, test plans, and fabrication documentation;
- Electrical support for spacecraft Assembly, Integration and Test in a cleanroom environment;
- Assessing various project opportunities.
- BS or MS in Electronics Engineering or equivalent degree required;
- Previous experience as an electronics engineer, preferably in a satellite avionics design capacity;
- Experience with electronics CAD software for schematic capture and layout;
- Experience using standard electrical test equipment: oscilloscope, power supply, logic analyzer;
- Knowledgeable about common physical layer protocols (I2C, SPI, UART, USB, Ethernet);
- Working-level understanding of basic RF systems such as modern integrated RF ICs;
- Experience working with flight hardware in a controlled environment (cleanliness and ESD);
- Ability to work methodically in a lab environment to maintain cleanliness and organization;
- Experience with soldering (down to 0402) for prototyping, debug and board modifications as needed;
- Good communication with team members, and ability to provide and receive constructive criticism;
- Professional use of written and oral English language is mandatory.
- Experience with the full development cycle of a CubeSat mission;
- Good connections within the CubeSat community.