We are a young, Monaco-based enterprise in the field of small satellites, with our own production facility and
team. We launched our first satellite last year and have additional projects in the pipeline. We are looking for a
versatile, embedded electronics engineer with solid experience in small satellites for a full-time position
starting in the next few months. Only candidates from within Europe will be considered. The job is based in
Monaco, but the candidate may choose to live in nearby France. If you fit the bill and are potentially interested,
we would be delighted to hear from you.
As an electronics engineer, the candidate will join a collaborative team to develop innovative nanosatellite
solutions for multiple projects. The individual will be responsible for hardware development during all phases of
a development cycle, including requirements, design, implementation, test, integration and documentation in a
Additionally, as is common in a start-up environment, tasks may extend beyond the original job description.
This allows everyone to gain a better understanding of all aspects of the business – from engineering to sales.
Employees are expected to take initiative and be responsible for their own day-to-day planning and workload.
Specific tasks will include:
- Working in a small, multidisciplinary team to develop solutions for ongoing and future projects;
- Participating in hardware requirements, design, implementation, and testing discussions;
- Schematic design and layout of Printed Circuit Boards (PCB) for digital, analogue and basic RF systems;
- Work with board houses to coordinate fabrication and assembly of new designs;
- Board bring-up and test, including in-house soldering of prototypes;
- Develop assembly procedures, test plans, and fabrication documentation;
- Electrical support for spacecraft Assembly, Integration and Test in a cleanroom environment;
- Assessing various project opportunities.
- BS or MS in CPE, EE or equivalent degree required;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as an electronics engineer, preferably in a satellite avionics design capacity;
- Experience with electronics CAD software for schematic capture and layout;
- Experience using standard electrical test equipment: oscilloscope, power supply, logic analyzer;
- Knowledgeable about common physical layer protocols (I2C, SPI, UART, USB, Ethernet);
- Working-level understanding of basic RF systems such as modern integrated RF ICs;
- Experience working with flight hardware in a controlled environment (cleanliness and ESD);
- Ability to work methodically in a lab environment to maintain cleanliness and organization;
- Experience with soldering (down to 0402) for prototyping, debug and board modifications as needed;
- Good communication with team members, and ability to provide and receive constructive criticism;
- Professional use of written and oral English language is mandatory.
- Ability to travel and work at partners’ or customenrs’ locations (infrequently).
- Experience with the full development cycle of a CubeSat mission;
- Good connections within the CubeSat community
- Coversational French is a plus;
- Amateur Radio license holder is a plus;
- Enjoys outreach activities.